Saturday, April 26, 2008

How to Find God's Will



Psalm 143: 10 says,
Teach me to do Your will,
for You are my God.
May Your gracious Spirit
lead me on level ground


Aunt Cortney & Gracie


Are you praying about God's will for college, a career, a life's mate, and other concerns? Seeking the unrevealed will of God is an important part of being a Christian. In contrast, we can spend so much time seeking the unknown that we neglect to do that which is already written in the Word. For instance, Paul the Apostle told us to obey our parents. We don't have to ask God if it is his will to obey our parents. God told us to do so in scripture. Doing God's revealed will is a matter of obedience and submission.

Psalm 143: 10 reveals that David placed himself in a position to know God's will. Look at his request: Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. David had a submissive attitude toward God. He said, ...you are my God. David gave the Lord veto power meaning he yielded the right for God to change his plans.

David followed the Lord's gracious Spirit. Isn't God good to us? He has given us His gracious Spirit to guide us. David's desire was to be led on level ground. Level ground in the Hebrew text means “a safe place.” Doing the will of God is the safest thing we can do in this life. Are you doing the revealed Will of God? Then be assured God will show you things unrevealed if you are willing to wait on Him.

Prayer: Lord, teach me to do your will as revealed to me in scripture and I will wait on your timing to show me the rest.




No comments: